XXX

Thursday, October 9, 2008

YOUNG AND FREE.

sittin'.
just waitin'.
waitin' on the green light.
the go signal.
waitin' on the call from him.
the go-ahead.
but i'm anxious.
'cause once i got it, there ain't no going back.
it's full speed ahead.
i've played out the conversation, over and over.
in his sharp voice, wearing his subtle suit,
he'll say;

"hello kid.
it's time.
it's time to take you away from here.
we all knew you were bigger than this.
made for somethin' better."

and right then a twinkle in his left eye, and a smirk upon his face.

"i'm here to pull you out.
to help you up."

i reply.

"i've been up here, doing what i can to get down.
i've been inside doing what i can to get out.
i'm tired.
but still trying to love."

he touches my forearm.
gently.
his hands are soft.
it feels like a warm, summers breeze has passed into me.

"don't worry.
you don't have to.
don't worry, you don't have to worry anymore."

he does not falter.
he does not quiver.
he does not move.
he holds me.
he frees my soul with intent...

"they were bringin' you down my darlin'.
i'm here.
i will be.
i will always be here.
you were needin' me,
sittin', pleadin' for me."

wide awake and smiling.
he continues.

"i chose you.
i chose you because you sparkle.
you shine.
you're not like the others."

a revelation.
a submission.
a plea.

"i was ignorin' it for as long as i could.
but you were callin', singin' out for me.
and how could any soul ignore somethin' so beautiful."
 

Modified by Vin